Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What To Do With a Leaky Faucet? Water Drop Shots!

Well, we've had a little drip in the master bathroom sink and I figured that I should really do something about it. There was really only one thing to do…I headed right for my tool belt my camera gear and set up for some water drop photography.


This was my first time shooting water drops and I have to say that I'm pleased with the initial results. However, this was not done without some challenges. I had some difficulty getting and maintaining focus. It’s seemed virtually impossible to use auto-focus as it always seems to go hunting for the most obvious target, and water drops are quite unpredictable and not always so obvious. However, it’s a good test of your ability to focus manually; it certainly was for me.


Another challenge, which wasn’t really so much of challenge as it was a timing issue, was knowing when to fire the shutter. As much as you try, you’ll never get exactly the same shot twice. I really love the randomness of each shot; you never know what you're going to get. Definitely have to try this again to refine the technique.




I wanted to get these up quickly so I’ll describe my set-up and technique in a follow up post.

Hope you enjoy!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment