Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Eyes Have It... But, Which Eye?

I got seriously into photography almost 5 years ago. My first DSLR at the time was a Canon Rebel XT. It was small, lightweight and felt pretty comfortable in my hands. When I held it up to my eye to look through the viewfinder it seemed a no brainer, I put the camera up to my right eye; it felt natural. I shot like this for almost 4 years.

Last year it was time for an upgrade and I went over to the Nikon D300. Other than being a slightly bigger machine, the D300, like the Canon felt comfortable in my hands. However, a curious thing happened when I put the camera up to my eye — I didn’t put up to my right eye, but to my left; and it felt natural!

Now, I pretty sure my dominant eye is my right one; however, I’m just as comfortable using my left without much difference. I've tried using my right eye again, but it just doesn't feel right anymore.

I’m still not sure why this happened. Well, it might be because I want to be like Joe McNally when I grow up.



Enjoy!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment